Light Structures (Norway) is the world leading supplier of fiber optic condition monitoring systems based on Fiber Bragg Grating technology (FBG). Fiber optic systems offer excellent reliability and unique data quality compared to conventional technology. Our patented SENSFIB product range includes Hull Stress Monitoring, Ice Load Monitoring, Sloshing Monitoring, FPSO Monitoring with our customized HullInfo software.
The Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) optical sensing technology gives SENSFIB™ a competitive edge compared to the conventional Strain Gauge based sensors. Their key advantages being:
- Sensors are intrinsically safe requiring no ZB and no limitation to their positioning.
- Reliable as they are immune to EMI. & the software is based on a Linux OS platform.
- Accurate as the stress measurements are based on measurement of the wavelength of light.
- Reduced ownerships costs. (Recalibration, maintenance, repairs and service)
- Flexibility due to ease of installation (no hot works required for sensor installation)
- The basic HSM system can be easily expanded to include fatigue monitoring in the water line, bow sensors for ice load monitoring etc., as desired.
In addition to operational data, our systems provide data for Active Fatigue Management reports. All sectors of the shipping industry, offshore, navy and wind energy benefit from the guidance of the monitoring system. Current SENSFIB system installations include navy and coast guard vessels, large container and RoRo vessels, bulk carriers, shuttle tankers, FPSO's, VLCCs, LNGCs and floaters in the offshore segment