Weber is a member of Saint-Gobain Marine Applications, created in 2004. Saint-Gobain Marine Applications has brought together no less than ten renowned specialists in developing and producing solutions and products in the field of glazing, insulation, flooring, interior finishing, climate control and more. Right from the initial stages of a project, Saint-Gobain Marine Applications provides architects, designers, owners and administrative authorities with a choice of innovative products and services for the construction or renovation of ships and offshore constructions. Our products comply with the environmental, energy efficiency, weight saving, safety, aesthetic and comfort requirements for ships that are omnipresent in our customers’ specifications This new approach will enable lighter and more efficient ships to be constructed, reduce energy consumption, increase security and fire safety and improve the comfort of passengers and crew – with integrated solutions that will be a sound investment for the future.
Weber leads the world in the production of pumpable self-leveling floor screeds. With 30 years of experience and more than 100 million square meters applied worldwide, the Weber flooring range gives you high performance floors, for any application, quickly and cost effectively.
Floors for marine applications are subject to extreme stresses, such as knocks, vibrations and tremors, torsions and shrinkage where failure to adhere is common industry problems. By installing a Weber Marine Floor you avoid these challenges. The decisive benefits of the Weber range of marine solutions are the efficient properties of the solutions – speed of application and access.
Weber is more than just a range of superlative floor screeds, it is a variety of superbly engineered flooring systems that build, layer by layer into the optimum solution to meet each individual flooring requirement. All Weber floor screeds are manufactured in plants working to the most stringent ISO 9001 quality standards and to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
Weber-Floor products are premixed at the manufacturing plant and provide a host of features and benefits.
• Factory blending ensures quality of product every time.
• Machine mixing guarantees optimum consistency.
• Delivered in bags, bulk or pump trucks.
• Pumpable, minimising down time and enhancing ergonomics.
• Rapid installation, fast curing.
• Rapid setting times mean floors are walkable after 1-3 hours.
• High strength, low thickness characteristics minimize loss of floor-to-ceiling height.
• Self compacting.
• Self leveling and ready to receive surface finish after 1-3 days.
• Up to 300 m2 per hour can be covered.
• Applied by Accredited Weber Marine Contractors.
Certification and approvals
The Weber range of marine products satisfies the requirements stipulated by the authorities and the leading classification societies. All the Weber marine self-leveling screeds are design approved by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
• MED-B certificates: DNV, US Coast Guard
• Certificates also available: ABS, NK, RMRS, TC, LR, Russian River Register, Achilles JQS
• Fire resistance: SINTEF Fire laboratory, Norway.
• Sound properties: Lloyd´s Register ODS, Denmark.